Step 1: Consult with an attorney to learn about your optionsThe first step is to consult with an attorney. You can do this by calling our office. Someone is always available to answer your questions. When you consult with us we will normally make a recommendation and discuss the option of filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. After you have discussed your situation we can send you a packet of information or schedule you a free appointment. If you would like, you can email or call our office at the number below or 1 (800) 682-9568 and we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Listen to a message about how to talk with an attorney in confidence about your situation by phone or appointment.
Click on the play button below to hear a welcome message
Top ten reasons not to feel bad about having to file a bankruptcy
- The vast majority of people that file bankruptcy lose no property whatsoever when they file bankruptcy. We will be able to advise you in this area. You normally can keep your home, car, cash and everything else you own.
- Don't beat up on yourself. In virtually every case the reason a person has to file a bankruptcy is something largely beyond their control. Loss of job, business failure because outside circumstances, death of a family member or illness. Bankruptcy laws have their origin in the Old Testament. Deuteronomy chapter 15:1 instructs that God required debts be forgiven every seven years . We often tell people if they have a problem with bankruptcy they can take it up with God because he started it. Don't feel too bad about your creditors. Most of them know exactly how many people are going to file bankruptcy. It is a cost of doing business and the cost is factored into the fee or interest they charge. You are just a number to them. And if you want to you can pay them back after bankruptcy on any terms and any amount you want. That won't "revive" the debt or re-obligate you. (Unless you really hit it big I don't advise this.)
- Many marriages have been saved and families preserved because of bankruptcy laws and the relief it provides. After all isn't your family and marriage more important then money?
- Many people have filed bankruptcy to later succeed financially. Bankruptcy provides a fresh start to your financial life. You won't lose your retirement.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy only takes a couple of months to complete and in almost every situation only a 5 minute meeting with no creditors even showing up. Once again we will be there right next to you.
- Avoiding bankruptcy and paying your debt can worsen your credit score and eventually lead to failure. Most Credit Repair Organizations are new creations by scam artists and ripe with misrepresentation and fraud. They front load their contracts so after you have been with them for six months and realize they haven't helped, you have already paid them a lot of money most of which they took for their fee. Google their name (Knockoutdebt.com rip off, Debtxs rip off, Lighthouse Credit Foundation rip off, Debt Relief USA rip off, Credit Solutions rip off, Christian Debt Consolidators rip off, Debt Resolution Specialists rip off, American Debt Relief rip off, Debt Resolution Company Sued, How Debt Resolution Companies Work) and the word "fraud" or "ripoff" and you will see what I mean.
- You don't need to be intimidated by the process. We are experts in this area and will protect you from beginning to end and even be there to help long after the bankruptcy is over. How many law firms have one particular attorney that specializes in suing collectors (including attorneys)and credit reporters for unfair debt collection, improper credit reporting and other fraudulent actions? We do, his name is Michael Fuller and the law he practices is unique in Oregon and Washington.
- If you have filed bankruptcy before and find yourself in trouble again- call us. We should be able to help. Yes we are never immune from financial problems on this earth. We know this law thoroughly and know how to solve your problem. Do not assume there is no help!
- We can assist you with information how to rebuild your credit after bankruptcy.
- I promise that we will answer each and every question you have. You are not a number with our firm. If someone is not available to speak with you immediately you can schedule a telephone appointment. You will never be in the dark on what to do.